A guest recipe after many days – this time it is a baked goodie, an Eggless Brownie. Yes, time for some yummy brownies!! Walnut choco chip Brownie by Varshaa Nahar. She is a Jain and so bakes eggless cakes. So, the version here is an absolutely eggless version that vegetarians can also try 🙂
With so many fantastic cakes baked everywhere these days, the love for baking sent me to a beginners baking class that was organised by Oven 180 degrees a few days back. That is when I met this friend, Varshaa who already has a good experience in baking. She brought us some yummy cupcakes that left me drooling !! Then after the class was over, we started a whatsapp group. She sent this picture on the group and as soon as I had asked for the recipe, she immediately gave it to me and now I am sharing this with all of you with her permission. Thanks Varshaa for the wonderful recipe.
Photo Courtesy: Varshaa
Yield: 7-8 pieces
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 40 minutes
All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1 cup
Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
Powdered Sugar – 3/4 cup
Curd – 6 tbsp
Ghee – 5 tbsp
Milk – 5 tbsp
Cooking/Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1 cap
Walnuts – 1/2 cup
Choco Chips – 1/2 cup
1. Mix all wet ingredients ( curd, ghee, milk and vanilla essence) separately.
2. Mix all dry ingredients ( maida, baking soda, baking powder and Powdered sugr) separately and sieve them into a bowl.
3. Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture gradually and make a dough.
4. Grease the baking tray with some butter and dust it with maida.
5. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
6. In the baking tray put some dough and sprinkle chopped walnuts and choco chips.
7. Cover with dough again.
8. Bake it at 160 degrees for 40 minutes.
9. Yummy Brownies are ready to serve,