Cashew Potato Gravy – Rich and yummy!!
Sunday lunches always turn out to be something special as against the usual sambar or poriyal stuff. Me and hubby generally like pulaos and some gravy accompaniment. So, today’s menu was Peas Pulao with the rich, yummy, tangy, all-time favourite Potato Gravy. We had a scrumptious lunch and now after some dozing off, posting the recipe here. Try it out for yourself 🙂
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Potatoes – 3 medium
Onion – 1 medium finely chopped
Capsicum – 1/2 optional
Tomatoes – 4 medium
Cashewnuts – handful soaked in water.
Lemon – 1 small
Sugar – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies – 3
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Salt – to taste
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
1. Pressure cook chopped potatoes till soft. Peel and keep aside.
2. Boil water in a pan. Add whole tomatoes, green chillies and red chillies. Leave them till the skin of the tomatoes starts to peel off. Cool and grind into a smooth paste.
3. Heat butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Once they start to splutter, add onions and saute till they turn transparent.
4. Add capsicum and saute till it becomes soft.
5. Now add potatoes and all the masala powders and sugar. Mix well.
6. Add the tomato-chilli mixture and allow to come to a boil.
7. Grind soaked cashews and add to the gravy.
8. Add required salt and allow to simmer for some time.
9. Switch off and add lemon juice. Garnish with coriander leaves.