Back with a super simple one pot meal. Loaded with veggies like carrot and capsicum, this sure is a healthy dish and will definitely satisfy your taste buds. Read on to know the recipe.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Basmathi Rice – 3/4 cup
Carrot – 1 big grated
Capsicum – 1 big
Onion – 1 medium sized sliced
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 2/3
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Milk – 1.5 cups
1. Wash and soak basmathi rice for around 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat the ghee in a pressure pan. Add cumin seeds and when they splutter add the onions and slit green chillies.
3. Saute till the onions turn pink.
4. Now add carrot and capsicum and saute for 2-3 minutes.
5. Drain water from the basmathi rice and add it to the pressure pan and saute till the rice turns little dry.
6. Now add milk and salt.
7. When the milk starts boiling, close the pressure pan and put the weight on.
8. cook for 2 whistles and then cook under sim flame for 5 minutes. Switch off the stove.
9. Open and fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot.
– Same method can be followed for any other veggie.
– Milk can be replaced with water/coconut milk.
– You can add spices like cloves, bay leaf etc at the initial stage.
– Ghee can be replaced with butter/oil.