Capsicum Egg Bhurji/ Capsicum Egg Podimas – Indian Version of Scrambled Egg
I really do not know if this is a mere coincidence or something. My last post was also an egg based one(Almond Omelette Gravy) and this one too 🙂 So much is my love for eggs. When you can make something super simple in a jiffy, why would you think of making something elaborate and difficult. Whenever I feel bored or tired, this is the one that I resort to. Yes, the super simple and easy Egg Bhurji/Egg Podimas. This is an Indian version of the so called scrambled eggs. You can make it plain with just onions but I had capsicums. So, included those too.
I can go on and on about the nutritional benefits of Capsicum/Eggs. They are absolutely healthy in short. So, the next time when you are running out of time, but want to have something tasty, go for this. I am sure most of them would be familiar with this recipe but I would also want beginners to start with something as easy as this and hence this post. The best thing about this recipe was my kid loved it and what else would provide so much happiness to a mother 🙂 🙂 There might be numerous versions of preparing this. I have used Sambar powder in this recipe. Feel free to replace with any other masala and let me know how it tasted.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Capsicum – 1 medium
Eggs – 3
Onion – 1 medium
Sambar Powder – 1 -2 tsp(or to taste)
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter cumin seeds.
2. Add chopped onions and saute till they turn transparent.
3. Add chopped capsicum and saute they are cooked and soft.
4. Now add sambar powderand turmeric powder. Mix well.
5. Meanwhile break eggs and beat them with a whisk.
6. Add the beaten eggs to the capsicum mixture. Mix well. Scramble the mixture such that the eggs are scrambled and cooked.
7. Add salt finally.
– Sambar Powder can be replaced with chilli powder.
– Sambar Powder can also be replaced with 1 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp Garam masala and 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder.
– You can also add Amchur powder or lemon juice for a tangy taste.
– Can also try with Pepper Powder.
– You can also add green chillies along with onions.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SAVE THIS RECIPE TO YOUR RECIPE BOX!!