Bread Upma – The Chinese Style
Have some leftover bread in the pantry??? No ideas on what to do with it?? Try this yummy bread upma loaded with lots of veggies and some chinese sauces to give that tangy, yummy taste. Here goes the recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Bread Slices – 4
Onion – 1 medium sized sliced
Carrot – 1 medium julienned
Potato – 1 medium julienned
Capsicum – 1/2 julienned
Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp
Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp
Soya Sauce – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
1. Cut all vegetables into juliennes and keep them ready.
2. Heat butter in a pan. Once it melts, add onions and saute till they turn pink.
3. Next add potatoes. Sprinkle water and saute till they are half done.
4. Add capsicum and carrot and saute till they all veggies are cooked.
5. Add all sauces and bread pieces. Mix well.
6. Finally add salt and switch off the stove.
– If you want the veggies to be crunchy, reduce the cooking time.
– Sauces quantity can be increased/decreased depending on individual taste.
– You can just add bread pieces and saute for just a minute or two if you do not like them to be soft and soggy.
– Soya sauce has salt content in it. So, exercise caution when adding salt at the end.
– Any type of bread can be used.