Baby Potato Masala – very very simple!!
I am a huge huge fan of potatoes and I am sure most of you would be like me. I can just die for baby potatoes. They are a feast for the eyes and palate. This recipe is very very simple and anybody just starting to cook can try this. I bet you will love it 🙂 This can be had as a starter though it tastes great with sambar/curd rice.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Baby Potatoes – 35-40
Onion – 1 medium finely sliced
Oil – 5 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – a few
Coriander Leaves – for garnish
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
Tamarind Water – 1.5 tbsp
Salt – to taste
1. Pressure cook baby potatoes with enough water for about 5-6 whistles. Once pressure subsides, open the cooker and peel the potatoes. Prick them with a fork and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves.
3. Add onions and saute till they are done.
4. Now add the potatoes, tamarind water and the powders.
5. Stir well. Add required salt.
6. Keep roasting on low flame if you want the potaoes to be well roasted else you can switch off the flame and serve as such.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.