Baby Potato Gravy with Yogurt
Baby Potato gravy with yogurt, doesn’t that sound delicious? It was indeed delicious. Today’s lunch menu was Green Peas Pulao with this baby potato gravy. I saw this baby potato gravy recipe in a tv show and was longing to try this and today was the day. I had made a few tweaks to the recipe that was shown and I must say this baby potato gravy was super delicious. I usually make onion tomato based gravies , however, this change was quite refreshing and absolutely delicious. A super easy way to use sour curd too. Doesn’t that sound interesting? If you would like to skip all my blabla here and just need the recipe, scroll down and you should find your way to the yummy baby potato gravy recipe.
For all others who wished to read the rest of my story too, Thank you 🙂 First of all, I would like to say that my previous recipe Watermelon kesari was received very well 🙂 Thanks again for all the support and keep supporting the blog in future too 🙂 Also, it was selected in the first attempt in foodgawker too 😉 For those of you reading about foodgawker for the first time, it is a food photography submission site where food bloggers can submit their food photos. I have already mentioned in my previous posts that my pictures were constantly rejected and one fine day, the Green moong Tikkis picture was selected and I was elated. After which, a couple of more pictures have been approved and I can just say that is the highest level of happiness that a beginner in food photography can get. Enough of my blabber, let us talk about the baby potato gravy recipe now 😉
This baby potato gravy is a simple yet delicious gravy recipe where baby potatoes are boiled, deep fried and simmered in a yogurt based gravy with some indian spices too. This tasted awesome with the Green Peas Pulao that i made today. However, hubby says this baby potato gravy will be a great match for rotis and pooris too. Coming to the pictures of this baby potato gravy, I was super hungry and this gravy was so appetizing that I had to have my lunch first and then click pictures. Alas, the pulao got over and I had to click the remaining of this baby potato gravy with the normal white rice that was available. Well, I am done with all my long talk and without further ado, let us move on to the recipe.
Preparation of Baby Potato Gravy with Yogurt
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Baby potatoes: 500g
Onions: 2 medium sized
White Sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
Sour Curd/Yogurt: 1 cup
Water: as required
Oil: to deep fry + 1 tbsp for the gravy
Salt: to taste
Coriander/Dhaniya Powder: 1 tsp
Cumin/Jeera Powder: 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala: 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
1. Pressure cook the potatoes till soft. I pressure cook the baby potatoes with enough water for around 5 minutes in high flame (5 minutes after the first whistle)
2. Peel the potatoes and cut them into half. Deep fry the potatoes in hot oil till they turn golden brown.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Saute the chopped onions till they turn little soft. Next add almonds and sesame seeds and saute further. Add little water and saute till the onions are completely done. Blend this to a smooth paste and keep aside.
4. Whisk 1 cup of sour curd with around 1/2 to 1 cup of water till smooth. Add all the spice powders to the yogurt and mix well. keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan. Add the onion paste and the fried potatoes and mix well.
6. Now add the yogurt mixture in low flame. Make sure you keep stirring while adding the yogurt mixture.
7. Add enough salt to taste and cook closed for about 5 to 7 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Hope you liked the recipe. Please do try and let me know your feedback at email@example.com or leave a comment in the comments section below. You could also follow me on my social media handles for new recipe updates. You might also share this recipe with your friends and family. Thanks for reading through the recipe and hope you visit Clicks N Bites again 🙂