Today was an experiment day in my kitchen. Potato is my favourite vegetable and I can consume it in any form. After I started blogging, I have started experimenting a lot and this potato curry recipe is one such experiment. Do not worry 😉 It was a success indeed.
This is a very simple recipe where boiled potato pieces are tossed in a mixture of almond and curry leaf powder. As simple as that!! I have started to include almonds in a whole lot of my recipes of late and I have started loving the taste.
Check out all almond recipes here
Check out all potato recipes here
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Potatoes – 4 medium sized
Onion – 1 medium sized and finely sliced
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves for garnish
To dry roast and powder:
Curry Leaves – 10
Almonds – 20
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Oil – 3 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
1. Dry roast the ingredients given under ‘To dry roast and powder’ separately and powder.
2. Pressure cook potatoes for 4-5 whistles. Peel the skin and cut into big chunks.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard and cumin seeds.
4. Saute the finely sliced onions till they turn golden brown.
5. Add the boiled potato pieces, the ground powder, turmeric powder and required salt. Mix well.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
– Curry leaves should turn crisp after dry roasting. Almonds should slightly change in color.
– You can replace almonds with peanuts too.
– Can also add a dash of lemon juice at the final stage.