Almond Omelette Gravy | Rich and Simple
I love eggs in any form – boiled, scrambled or in the form of an omelette. Same goes with hubby too. So, what would you do when you see half a dozen eggs lying in your fridge and waiting to be gobbled up? I definitely wanted to try something different. I had always wanted to try omelette in a gravy and today was the day for Almond Omelette Gravy. Yummy omelette pieces dunked in a tangy gravy. Sounds great right? Tasted great too 🙂
Ok, so you might be wondering what are almonds doing here?? Well, this one does not use onion-tomato paste for the gravy but uses almonds instead. I have started preferring almonds over cashews in gravies of late. The result is a much healthier gravy and of course yummy too 🙂
To talk about the nutrition quotient, Eggs are rich in protein and have a lot more nutritional benefits. Same goes with almonds. So, this is a perfect healthy gravy to go with your rotis or rice varieties. Do check out my other curry varieties which includes an Almond Paneer Capsicum Curry. Now, off to the recipe.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Eggs – 3
Onions – 2 small
Tomatoes – 2 small
Almonds – 22-25
Tamarind – lemon sized
Sambar Powder – 2 tsp or depending on taste
Chilli Powder – optional
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Jaggery – 2 tsp
Coriander leaves – to garnish
1. Soak almonds and tamarind in water separately for atleast 20 minutes.
2. Grind the almonds to a smooth paste and extract the juice from tamarind. Keep aside.
3. Make omelettes of the eggs and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and once they splutter, add chopped onions and saute till they turn pink.
5. Now add chopped tomatoes and saute till they turn mushy.
6. Next add sambar powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
7. Now add the tamarind extract and when it comes to a boil, add the almond paste and enough water to get the required gravy consistency.
8. Finally, add required salt and jaggery. Mix well.
9. When the whole thing comes to a boil, add the chopped omelette pieces and leave it for 2-3 minutes.
10 .Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
– I used the almonds with the skin. You can remove the skin too.
– Sambar powder can be replaced with 1 tsp Coriander Powder, 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder and 1/2 tsp Garam masala.
– Same can be tried with boiled eggs too.