A very simple curry/gravy with brinjals!!!
Back with a post after a week. Was super busy with my kid that I did not have time to post here. Here comes a very easy and simple curry or you could even call it a gravy with the purple beauties, BRINJALS!! This goes really well with idli, dosas, rotis or just plain hot rice.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time:20 minutes
Brinjals – 3 slightly bigger ones
Onion – 1 big
Tomato – 1 big
Tamarind – gooseberry sized
Jaggery/Sugar – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard seeds.
2. Add onions and saute till transparent.
3. Add tomatoes and very little salt. Saute till they turn mushy,
4. Add all the powders and mix well.
5. Now add the chopped brinjals and saute till the masalas get coated well and the brinjals turn little soft.
6. Add the tamarind extract, jaggery and required water(depending on the consistency you need) and simmer till the brinjals are completely cooked.
7. Add salt to taste and simmer for some more time.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.