A drink recipe after a long time!!! Lime Mint Cooler – as it is popularly known is one of my favorite drinks. I had this in my office canteen first and from then on, this is one of my favourites. This is a very simple one to make with minimal ingredients and very healthy too. I have used sugar in the recipe but you can replace it with honey as well.
Mint leaves – handful
Sugar – 1-1.5 tsp
Lemon Juice – half of lemon
Water – 1/2 cup
Pinch of Salt
1. Blend the mint leaves along with sugar, water and salt.
2. Strain to get a smooth liquid. Add lemon juice finally.
Here comes the recipe for Baked Potato Wedges.I am tired of mentioning my love for potatoes but I never get tired of consuming them. Give me potatoes and I can just eat them for all 3 meals. Such is the versatility of these humble little darlings. I make potato stir fry usually for my son to make him complete his lunch somehow. He loves them so much. Like Momma like kid 😉 I have potatoes lying in my kitchen almost always. This weekend was one such day when the potatoes looked at me longingly. Now that I have got an OTG, I wanted to bake these for a healthy snack for my kid. He relished them as always 🙂 :)\nThese are made with very little oil and the spice mix used can be your choice. I used Indian spices. There are lots of other options available too like pepper powder, fresh or dried herbs, cheese etc etc.
Potatoes – 4 medium sized
Chilli Powder – as per taste
Cumin Powder – 3/4 tsp
Oil – 3 tsp
Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Butter – optional
Salt – to Taste
1. Wash potatoes well. Peel the skin and cut into wedges.
2. Parboil the wedges in boiling water for 5 mins. Drain and keep aside.
3. Meanwhile preheat oven to 220 ℃
4. Mix the wedges with all other ingredients.
5. Take a baking tray and cover with aluminium foil. Place the seasoned wedges.
6. Bake for around 20-25 minutes. Turn the wedges in the middle.
7. After they are done, mix some butter when the wedges are still hot. This step is optional
– This can be done on stove top also if you do not have an oven.
– The seasoning can be varied according to choice. You can just use oregano and chilli flakes.
– Oven timings vary. So, please keep a watch so that they do not burn.