I have been mentioning this again and again on the blog – I LOVE POTATOES. Period. These veggies are so yummy that I can consume them in an form. Even plain boiled potatoes would do. I wanted to try out a different potato curry today and so used peanuts and milk. Result was super yummy and I loved it 🙂 Recipe follows.
Check out other potato recipes on the blog here. If you like my recipes, please do like my facebook page https://facebook.com/clicksnbites or follow me on twitter at https://twitter.com/clicksnbites/ or write to me at email@example.com.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Potatoes – 3 medium sized
Peanuts – 1/3 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1 medium sized
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 3/4 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 2-3 tsp
Mustard Seeds and Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp each
Coriander leaves – for garnish
1. Chop potatoes into big chunks. Pressure cook till they are soft but not mushy.Peel and keep aside.
2. Meanwhile, roast peanuts and grind to a smooth paste with little water.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Temper mustard and jeera.
4. Add onions and saute till transparent and also add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappears.
5. Add cooked potatoes and all the masala powders. Mix well.
6. Now add peanut paste, milk and required salt. Mix well and allow it to simmer for around 8 minutes.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.